The institution has always understood and adopted the values of decentralization, involvement and
contribution of the students in decision making processes involving various academics, administrative and
co-curriculum activities of the College. Students are given an active representation in several Dept.
Associations/Clubs and they are the driving force for conducting numerous activities. Moreover, they are
nominated/enrolled in multiple committees/fora/Societies in the college to ensure maximum participation
so that the policies and practices adopted are student centric and take their needs into due consideration. .
This enables the students in gaining leadership qualities and executive skills. From the academic session
(2018-19), the college has an active Students’ council duly elected through an electoral process as per the
guidelines of , higher Education, Haryana and Kurukshetra University. The Student’s Union Election was
held on 17.10.2018. A Committee was constituted to conduct fair and peaceful elections. The procedure
for the elections was as follows: Class Representatives (CR’s) were elected from each class who then
elected the Office-bearers of the Student’s Executive Council. The details of the Student’s Executive
Council, which comprises a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Joint Secretary (exclusively four girl
students) and five Executive Members (one post reserved for a SC student) are mentioned below:
Sr.No. Designation Name Class Roll No.
1. President Pooja M.Com-I 41
2. Vice-President Mamta Sharma B.Sc. (Med.) III 95390011
3. Secretary Deepti B.A. III 071
4. Joint Secretary Navneet M.Com II 13
5. Member Maninder Kaur B.Sc. (H.Sci) II 143170011
6. Member Anjali Sharma B.A. II 147
7. Member Shivani B.Sc. (N.Med.) III 954710003
8. Member Kajal B.B.A. III 98980
9. Member YachnaKhana B.Com II 01
The formation of the above council has allowed the students to gain basic knowledge of the democratic and
electoral system of our country.
It represents the student’s grievances and gets them redressed through the College’s Grievance Redressal
Cell and the Principal. The Principal frequently meets the Student’s Council.
CONTRIBUTION OF THE STUDENT COUNCIL IN ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATION
1. Coordination in organizing cultural events like “Surtal”.
2. Coordination in organizing sports and games for the Students.
3. Coordination in communicating the information between students and teaching faculty.
4. Coordinating in inviting the external guest speakers and organizing the workshops and Seminars.
5. Coordination in day to day academic activities at their level.
6. Coordination with College Administration to keep Institute clean.
7. Coordination to online admissions.
The institute provides necessary support to the council members in organizing and coordinating the events. They engage in a lot of academic, extra- curricular and co-curricular activities with the assistance of other students. Student members of the council become competent manages for the future by learning all these skills. They also observe important days like National festivals, Birth/Death Anniversaries of important leaders, International Women’s Day, International Yoga Day, Sports Day, Non-Violence Day, Teacher’s Day, Fresher’s Day, Farewell Party, World Literacy Day, World AIDS Day etc. The students Council motivates the students to participate in these activities conducted by the institutes.